Because excellence in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery is our first priority, we would like to take this opportunity to emphasize this commitment to your comfort and concerns. Please feel free to contact us at any time, as communication will be key in your positive experience in our care. We strive for your complete satisfaction.
Our practice works hard to make information available to our patients. If you are unable to find answers to questions you have, please contact us so that we may work with you.
Important: A parent or guardian is required during the initial consultation if the patient is under the age of 18.
Please assist us by providing any of the following information for your consultation:
REFERRAL SLIP: Any and all referral request information from your referring doctor.
MEDICATIONS: Information pertaining to the medications you are currently taking.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS: Information pertaining to any medical conditions that you are currently experiencing. If you are unsure of your conditions that may be of concern during your visit, please notify our office during your visit.
INSURANCE: Include all medical and dental insurance information that applies to your account. Providing this will allow us to assist you in receiving reimbursement from the insurance companies you are enrolled with.
If you have any inquiries that you would like addressed before your initial visit or would like more information regarding your consultation, please contact us. We will assist you in handling any concerns you may have over the phone prior to your scheduled consultation.
A consultation appointment is always encouraged but due to people’s busy schedules and distance, the consult and surgery can often be arranged at the same time. Please contact us so we can assist you with this process.
We try our best to stay on schedule to minimize your waiting. Due to the fact that Psimos Oral Surgery provides surgical services, various circumstances may lengthen the time allocated for a procedure. Emergency cases can also arise and cause delays. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Psimos Oral Surgery has two practice locations for your convenience:
1101 North Broadway
Rochester, MN 55906
(507) 288-0126 • (800) 643-5306
Monday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday By appointment only
502 Grant Street
Decorah, IA 52101
(563) 382-6227 • (800) 643-5306
Wednesday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday By appointment only
Saturday By appointment only
Our office offers our patients a choice to register online or in the office.
For convenience purposes, we have made this process available online. By registering online, you can save up to 15 minutes on your initial visit. If you prefer to register upon your initial visit, you will need to arrive at the office at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. You may use the link below to visit the online forms section of the site where you can find the link to begin the registration process online.
If you have questions regarding registration, either online or in office, please contact us so that we may work with you.
These directions will help you prepare for oral surgery. Read them carefully, and if there is anything you do not understand, ask your doctor to explain.
- Arrive for your surgery with an empty stomach. Do not eat or drink anything (including water) for six hours before the surgery. You should not smoke the morning of the procedure because this could cause severe breathing complications. If you take prescribed medication for a heart condition, high blood pressure, infection or other illness, take the medication as scheduled, but take it with a small sip of water. If you are going to stay awake during the procedure take all your medications and eat as usual.
- On the day of your surgery, wear a sleeveless, short sleeve, or loose sleeve shirt.
- Come to the clinic with a friend or family member who is an adult. Your friend should wait for you at the clinic, take you home after the surgery, and stay with you for 4 hours. If you take a bus, or taxi, someone must ride with you. You will not be able to leave the clinic alone or drive yourself home.
- We will cancel your surgery on the day it is scheduled if:
- You had anything to eat or drink for the last six hours.
- You have not taken medications as directed.
- You have not brought an adult with you who can stay with you and take you home.
- We may ask you to arrive early for your appointment, to take care of necessary paper work.
After the surgery, ask for the pamphlet called “Your Care After Oral Surgery.”
Please read this information again.
- DO NOT LIE FLAT, GO TO THE RESTROOM alone or walk around without assistance the first 4 hours after your surgery, especially if you have taken any narcotic pain medication.
- Put off taking the narcotic pain medication as long as possible. Only take medications after you have eaten something. Start with medications like Ibuprofen and Tylenol first, and if this doesn’t work, then add the narcotic pain medicine.
- No spitting, rinsing, or straws the first 24 hours.
- Leave the gauze in your mouth for one hour after your surgery. Then remove it and DO NOT REPLACE IT. This may cause bleeding.
- Soft cold diet i.e. jello, applesauce, ice cream, and liquids the first day. No soups.
- Ice packs for the first 48 hours, then heat packs.
- Call if you have any questions or problems. If after hours, you will speak with Dr. Psimos directly. If during business hours, he will return your call as soon as possible.
Dr. Psimos is proud to offer the following perks for our patients:
10% OFF procedures for patients over 70 years of age
10% OFF third family member wisdom teeth removal
10% OFF procedures for police officers
10% OFF procedures for members of military (active and retired)